Class, determination, patience, and perseverance are the adjectives that define the middle-order batsman Ajinkya Rahane. If you watch him play on the ground you will become a fan of him because of his sublime and picture-perfect stroke plays. Currently, Ajinkya Rahane is a vital cog of the Indian team in the most extended format of the game, however, the right-hand batsman from Mumbai has represented India in the rest of the two formats too. Today the ace batsman is celebrating his 34th birthday let’s have a look at some interesting facts about Ajinky Rahane- “The Stroke Master”.
Interesting Facts About Ajinkya Rahane
- Ajinkya Rahane was born on 6th June 1988 in Ahmednagar district of Maharasthra to Madhukar Baburao Rahane and Sujata Rahane.
- Rahane’s nicknames are Jinx and Ajju. We have often heard his teammates calling him by this name.
- Before playing for the senior Indian team, Ajinkya Rahane played a few games for India U-19 in New Zealand and smacked t20 centuries.
- The 34 years old made his first-class debut for Mumbai at the age of 19 against Karachi Urban in the Mohammad Nissar trophy. Rahane introduced himself at the first-class level with a bang, scoring 143 off 207 balls.
- The Mumbai batter played his first T20 international against England at Old Trafford Manchester. He amassed a blistering half century on debut, 61 off 49 balls and became the maiden Indian batter to score a fifty on T20I debut.
- For his success at the highest level, a lot goes to former Indian batsman Pravin Amre who nurtured him in his childhood.
- Rahane has 15 international centuries in his name and India has never lost a match when he scored a century.
- In his very second Rajni Trophy season in 2008-09, Rahane accumulated 1089 runs which helped Mumbai to lift their 38th Ranji Trophy. Only 11 players have surpassed the mark of 1000 runs in a single season of Ranji trophy.
- Rahane is an outstanding fielder, during a test match against Sri Lanka Ajinkya Rahane grabbed 8 catches, which is the highest by any player in a match by a fielder.
- Apart from cricket, Rahane has a black belt in Karate in his childhood.
- Rahane played a crucial role in India’s famous Lord’s win in 2014, the pro batsman made spectacular 103 runs in the 1st innings.
- Rahane wears jersey number 27 in international cricket.
- In India’s tour of Australia 2020-21, Ajinkya Rahane slammed a blazing century in the boxing day test match 112 off 223 balls at Brisbane which led India to win a test at the venue after 32 long years.
- In 2014, Ajinkya Rahane married his long-term girlfriend Radhika Dhopavkar. They got blessed with a baby girl named Aarya in 2019.
- Ajinkya Rahane’s estimated net worth is $9 million.